Asphalt Paving In Whatcom and Skagit Counties
Roads, Parking Lots, Driveways, Cart Paths, Walking Paths, and More
With almost 40 years of experience serving Whatcom and Skagit County communities, WRS is a name you can count on to handle any and all of your asphalt paving needs. We’re equipped and ready to tackle your residential, commercial, industrial, or municipal projects of any size.
Working with WRS means full transparency on the progress of your project – you’ll never feel out of the loop or face unexpected charges. Our team is vigilant about staying up to date on the latest advancements and technologies in the road building and asphalt paving industries: from porous and recycled asphalt, to patching and repairs, to resurfacing damaged pavement.
Why Choose Asphalt?
There’s a reason that 94% of America’s 2.6 million miles of roadways are surfaced with HMA (Hot Mix Asphalt) pavement. A properly installed asphalt driveway or road is expected to last up to 20 years, even longer when you have a trained professional perform routine preventative maintenance.
In addition to being durable and long-lasting, asphalt is cost-efficient: a square foot of asphalt is less than half the cost of concrete. It’s easy to maintain, easy to repair, and also happens to be the most recycled product in America.
You can rest easy knowing your project is being paved with long-lasting, cost-efficient, environmentally-friendly materials.
Our Asphalt Paving Options
With all this in mind, WRS offers the best services and options for your pavement projects. While asphalt is often considered a single material, there are actually several variations. Porous asphalt is one of the products we specialize in. It is environmentally friendly and an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) best practice paving option. Due to this, there is legislation in place in certain locations that offer tax benefits for using it on a paving project. Because porous asphalt allows water to penetrate to the ground underneath, it is an option that can frequently avoid the time and expense of obtaining storm-water, shoreline, and other similar permits for your project (in certain locations).
The strength and longevity of an asphalt surface depends primarily on how strong the underlying material is. Another product we offer is ATB (Asphalt Treated Base), which provides stable underlayment for heavy-duty applications of paving. It can also be used to strengthen less than optimal subgrade to provide longer life to the final layer of asphalt. ATB is generally less expensive than standard HMA (Hot Mix Asphalt) because it is made with less expensive aggregate and less asphalt oil binder.
- Transform your gravel driveway into an asphalt surface – Get the most out of the sale of your home, increase value, keep your cars clean, give the kids a smooth surface to ride bikes on, or add that finishing touch to your property.
- New construction – Building the home of your dreams? The contrast that a beautiful black driveway or parking area will take it to the next level.
- Resurfacing old or deteriorated existing asphalt – WRS has the ability to grind and overlay existing asphalt. This cost-effective option adds another layer of asphalt that will last for years, and makes your surface like new again.
- Remove and replace – In certain situations, removal of the old asphalt is necessary to place gravel, rebuild the subgrade, and re-pave to the same elevations.
- Patching – We pride ourselves in the quality of our patching. Many companies offer asphalt patching, but WRS does it correctly with full removal or grinding to provide a thicker asphalt patch that lasts, is smooth, and blends with the surrounding area.
- Seal Coat, Crack seal and Striping – WRS Blacktop division’s experts provide maintenance services for all of your asphalt preservation needs.
Asphalt Service You Can Count On
WRS is your best choice for asphalt paving, maintenance, and repair. No matter where you are in your pavement’s life cycle, you can count on our team of skilled professionals to get the job done right, the first time. When working with us you can expect:
- Customized design specific to your paving needs
- Expertise in drainage and water flow, complete with the installation of necessary catch basins
- Fit, finish, and attention to detail
- Professionals who will identify issues and solutions to provide you with a long-lasting paving product
- Industry-standard warranty
- Quality materials, equipment, personnel, and workmanship
By working with WRS you are ensuring your project is being handled by industry veterans that are willing and excited to keep you informed, and your pavement looking pristine. The knowledge we bring to the table and share with our customers is all about transparency, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. With over 1,400 successful projects a year and 26 awards for excellence, we feel it’s safe to say that WRS can and will meet your expectations. Whether your project is paving a parking lot, improving infrastructure, or something more specialized, such as a biking trail or golf course cart paths, WRS has nearly 40 years of experience delivering successful projects just like it.